Recreational (Rec) derby is here at Hammer City!
What is rec derby?
It’s a space for all kinds of skaters who want to play derby in a fun, no-pressure, no-commitment environment.
Who comes to rec derby?
- Experienced skaters who no longer play competitively
- Retired derby players
- Newer players looking to gain scrimmaging experience
- Skaters looking for a low-contact option
- Skaters who cannot commit to being members of a league
- Skating officials who want to hone their skills
- Skaters looking for more skate time – all the skating!
Hammer City Rec Derby is open to scrimmage-level women and gender-expansive skaters 18+.
How it works
Show up 15-30 minutes prior to the start time to pay, show proof of insurance, and gear up. We do a short group warm-up, then head right into scrimmage. Low-contact jams will be mixed in based on turnout. There is NO commitment, NO league work required. You just show up, pay, and skate!
For more information, visit our Rec League page.